Please select one of the categories below:
- How do you know if a food is complete & balanced?
Balance (should such a condition exist) will only occur by feeding a variety of foods over an extended time period. In addition, No single ration is complete, this is an erroneous term invented by big business.
- Is your food and feeding ideology good for pups? When did your method begin?
First & foremost, the only real puppy food is vomit. "It is heated predigested perfection." We currently have not established a way to manufacture such a product. The companies that claim to have puppy foods are misleading the consumer. Many of these alleged puppy foods have excessive protein levels which cause an array of problems. Read more...
- What benefits will I derive by feeding my pup your foods?
Less veterinary bills by eliminating allergy fleas, obesity etc. Easier house breaking by feeding meat which is a lower residue diet. Also easier clean up.
- Why should I be inconvenienced by all the additional steps needed to feed a so-called "healthier diet"?
Best thing to do is get a stuffed animal. Dogs are a huge responsibility! They are not for lethargic, irresponsible, selfish people!
- I adore my dog! However, I am retired and do not have the extra money to pay UPS charges plus expensive food bills. Any suggestions?
We can help you to get most of what you need out of your super market.
- My vet says you are giving me bad advice. She/he claims raw food is dangerous because of the bacteria risk!
The risk is far less than feeding a dry diet that causes allergy, skeletal system problems reduced vigor & an abbreviated life. In addition, if you feed a Pro-Biotic supplement with a raw diet it will destroy the bad bacteria & build good bacteria. Find an open minded, better, educated veterinarian!
- My Vet says neutering my dogs will be the best thing for them, because it is healthier.
If you are an irresponsible person & allow your dog to roam free, neutering is the responsible thing to do. However, neutering has a high price that must be paid. Incontinence, obesity that leads to skeletal problems, reduced drives and especially in male dogs a pronounced reduction in athleticism. In short neutering a competition dog is unwise!
- My vet says my dog should be vaccinated every year, is this necessary?
No, in fact it may be harmful. Evidence suggests that over inoculating impacts the bone marrow in a negative way and can lead to Cancers & other health issues. We believe that after the first year only a 3-year Rabies vaccine should be given. If your vet disagrees, find a new one!
- My vet says only feed a food manufactured by a major or giant company.
It would appear that the best food companies are the boutique or smaller more intimate organizations. They tend to have cleaner ingredient lists.
- My vet says my dog should get retested for heartworm each year?
There are two ways to go. The first way is to discontinue the medication when the heartworm season is over. When the season begins have your Vet. Test your pup for heartworm before starting on the medication. The second is to keep your dog on the heartworm product year round. In doing so you would be using more medication but you would save money in the long run. Avoiding an office visit and blood work would more than compensate you for the extra medication.
- My vet says my dog's teeth need to be cleaned. Will this help his breath?
Most of the time a raw meaty marrow bone once a week will help clean your dogs teeth and improve his or her breath. I also like apples (natures tooth brush) and carrots. The problem with a veterinary scaling procedure is that some dogs do not survive the anesthesia. Often times the odor is not oral. But is caused by bad bacteria in the gut. Probiotics or beneficial bacteria are effective with bad bacteria problems, providing they are residing in the intestine.
- My vet says she/he can treat my 13-year-old dog that has the early stages of bone cancer. The cost would be $5000.
Make the dog as comfortable as possible. Spoil the dog rotten but pass on the surgery.
- Meat meal is your first ingredient. What is it?
The meat meal definition is an AFCO term. AFCO dictates what descriptions we are allowed to use. Meat meal is devoid of by products, it is a combination of flesh from a bovine source and ground bone. See pg. 233 of the 2001 of the AFCO Official Publication. Upon reading the various definitions you will quickly realize that meat meal is the most appealing & nutritious definition. Our first ingredient is human grade quality!
- My 8-week-old puppy is not responding to house breaking. We have tried different dry foods and nothing seems to work. In addition, his stools are large & frequent. Will your dry food make a difference?
Young dogs are supposed to move their bowels frequently. As they mature cell division slows and the number of bowel movements and urinations are reduced. One strategy that makes the early stages of house breaking easier is to feed meat with the dry. The less dry fed the higher the nutrient absorption and the smaller the stool. You may want to try our dry product with about 50% meat.